Our Commitment to Your Privacy
For the purposes of this Statement, "personal information" means information that is personally identifiable to individuals. "Non-identifiable information" means information that cannot be associated with or traced back to specific individuals with any certainty.
How and when FIDO.com collects personal information
1. FIDO.com collects personal information from individuals on a voluntary basis through registration forms, online surveys, postings by individuals using various services and aspects of the FIDO.com websites (the “Websites”), and transaction documents both online and offline. The personal information includes contact information (for example, name, mailing address, e-mail address and telephone number), demographic information, household information, preference information and transaction-related information, including credit card information, billing information shipping information and related information.
Use of personal information by FIDO.com
2. FIDO.com uses personal information that it collects for the following:
- To communicate with individuals and allow the use by individuals of the Websites
- To understand individual needs
- To promote and offer products, services and special offers that meet individual needs or that might be of interest to individuals based on information provided and approved by FIDO.com
- To conduct, process and facilitate transactions between users and suppliers of products and services
- Additional purposes that are identified at the time the personal information is collected
- The information also enables us to develop and customize our products and services to better meet the needs and preferences of customers. FIDO.com may, from time to time, contact individuals by electronic format, regular mail or telephone for any of the purposes set out above.
Disclosure of personal information by FIDO.com
3. FIDO.com does not sell, rent or trade personal information that it collects. FIDO.com will not knowingly disclose personal information to any third parties except in the following circumstances:
- When FIDO.com has received consent to do so or under limited circumstances specifically described at such time as personal information is collected;
- When FIDO.com, in good faith, believes the law permits or requires such disclosure;
- To affiliated and associated companies within the FIDO.com group of companies and only for the purposes described in paragraph 2 above.
- To its agents, professional advisors, promotional and marketing agencies, and to any other Third Parties in order to complete transactions, to process data and to service customers. These Third Parties and their respective employees are only provided with such personal information as is necessary to perform the services for which they have been contracted. FIDO.com has no control over the use and disclosure of any personal information to independent third parties
- In the event of the sale of FIDO.com (whether the sale of its assets or of any portion of its share capital), personal information may be one of the transferred business assets.
Retention of personal information by FIDO.com
4. At such time as personal information is no longer required for the purposes stated in this Privacy Statement or other statutory requirements, such personal information will be made anonymous or destroyed.
Collection, use and disclosure of non-identifiable information
5. FIDO.com may collect and use Non-Identifiable Information to assess the effectiveness of web site content and traffic, including "cookies" (small files placed on your hard drive) on certain pages of the Websites. This allows FIDO.com to improve the quality of visits to web sites managed by it by streamlining visitors' ability to navigate these sites and developing featured programs and content that will be of interest to visitors. Aggregate non-identifiable information is used to perform statistical analyses of the collective characteristics and behaviour of individuals, and to measure demographics and interests. You are always free to decline our cookies if your browser permits, although doing so may interfere with your use of the Websites.
6. FIDO.com may also use aggregate non-identifiable information it collects to inform its current and prospective sponsors and advertisers about the number of visits to its web sites, the demographic characteristics of these visitors and the number of times visitors have viewed and "clicked" on their advertisement(s). FIDO.com may also disclose to advertisers the overall demographics available regarding visitors who "clicked" on their advertisement. Aggregate non-identifiable information may be used to describe FIDO.com services and products to third parties such as prospective business partners and financial institutions. In any of these circumstances, only non-identifiable information in an aggregate form and not personal information is disclosed.
Web sites operated by third parties
7. Web sites operated by FIDO.com may contain links to other web sites that may collect personal information. This Statement does not extend to the data collection, disclosure, use and retention practices of such third parties and FIDO.com does not assume any responsibility for the privacy practices, policies or actions of such third parties. Individuals should read the privacy policies of such third parties, and make an informed decision whether or not to visit such web sites and/or provide personal information to such third parties based upon their privacy practices and individual discretion.
Safeguarding personal information
8. FIDO.com has taken measures to protect the security and confidentiality of personal information as are appropriate in the circumstances. Personal information is stored in confidential databases and remote locations offered by third party providers. These sites have appropriate security measures in place to protect against the loss, misuse and alteration of personal information. Any information transmitted via the Internet, however, may be intercepted by third parties, despite the use of encryption practices where appropriate. FIDO.com does not assume any liability for interception, alteration or misuse of information transmitted over the Internet. FIDO.com employees are restricted from using and disclosing personal information collected by FIDO.com other than in accordance with this Statement.
Accessing personal information
9. Individuals have the right to access, verify and correct or amend all of their personal information collected by FIDO.com, FIDO.com believes that it is imperative that personal information be as accurate, complete and up to date as is necessary for the purposes for which it is collected. Accordingly, to help FIDO.com keep personal information as current as possible, FIDO.com encourages individuals to amend inaccuracies and make corrections in their personal information collected by FIDO.com as often as necessary. To access verify and correct or amend personal information, please refer to links within the emails sent to you or send an email to the Privacy Officer at FIDO.com at firstname.lastname@example.org.
How to File a Complaint
10. To file a complaint with FIDO.com concerning the collection, use and/or disclosure of personal information, please send an email to the Privacy Officer at FIDO.com at email@example.com. All complaints will be investigated by the FIDO.com Privacy Officer as soon as is practical in the circumstances. Individuals will be notified of the outcome of the investigation of complaints clearly and promptly and will be notified of any relevant steps taken or to be taken as a result of a complaint.
The choice to provide personal information or to receive certain information and promotional materials
11. Individuals always have the choice whether or not they wish to supply FIDO.com with personal information. Individuals wishing to "opt-out" of receiving certain informational and promotional materials from FIDO.com or who otherwise object to the collection, use and disclosure policies as provided under this Privacy Statement, are asked to reference links from the emails sent to you or contact the Privacy Officer at FIDO.com by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Opt-out opportunities may be provided in other circumstances such as in certain promotional communications. Individuals are reminded that the decision to withhold personal information or to object to the use and/or disclosure of personal information as provided in this Privacy Statement or in any agreement between such individuals and FIDO.com, may, in certain instances, limit their ability to complete purchases of goods and services offered on the Websites and limit their ability to access or take advantage of certain promotions and features.
Your personal information is obtained and used only with your consent that may be expressed or implied depending on the circumstance.
Comments and questions
12. Any comments or questions about this Privacy Statement, should be addressed to FIDO.com as follows:
Effective date of Statement
13. This Statement has been adopted by FIDO.com as of February 7th, 2011. Revisions to the Statement will be posted on www.fido.com/privacypolicy2.html as soon as practical.